Friday, August 02, 2002

I suppose I should say a little bit about my night yesterday. I had a great time hanging out with my classmates. It was just like old times, except better somehow. Maybe it's just because I haven't had to deal with them on a regular basis, and therefore really miss seeing them. We talked about college and when we were leaving and if we'd contacted our roomates. It's so weird to think that in a couple weeks we will all be gone. A lot of us will be in so cal though, within an hour or so of each other. I'm glad about that, it won't make getting together overly difficult.

Bethany wasn't there. I was disappointed, but not completely surprised either. Maybe I should call her and tell her that we missed her, that would at least give us a little something to talk about. It's so hard to know what to do. I don't want to rub salt in any wounds, but at the same time I don't want to be completely out of her life. Whenever I catch myself missing Mel my second thought is always how much more Bethany and her family must miss her dad. My feelings of lonliness (which are slowly subsiding, God is good) are nothing compared to theirs.

My second classmate to leave goes a week from today. I need to call her up so we can hang out, because she wasn't there last night. It's all sortof like this scary sci-fi movie, where everyone is taken away one by one. I'm glad I fall somewhere in the middle. One guy doesn't have to leave until late september, after everyone else is gone. I'd hate to be the only one left. It would get very lonely. Then again, we'll all probably be pretty lonely the first month anyway.

Don't forget to take the poll.

No comments: