Tuesday, August 20, 2002

The last couple days I've been wanting to make a list of the things I've learned in the past year from being in a band. So, in no particular order and completely off the top of my head, here's my list.

Things I learned this year from being in a band:
1. Communication is key, along with commitment
2. It takes a little work for even a Taylor to sound wonderful plugged in
3. Punctuality shows respect and honor to those you are meeting
4. My voice isn't all it's cracked up to be
5. With the right technique and some work my voice can be better than it's cracked up to be
6. Studios don't have windows. That way you can't tell what time of day it is
7. My songs are kinda weird
8. Singing is half singing, half talking. Otherwise no one will understand a word you say
9. The studio exposes every error you make and every bad note you hit
10. The studio can fix errors you make and every bad note you hit
11. Famous musicians use a pitch correcter when they make albums
12. Stage presence is much harder than it looks
13. It's all about having connections
14. No one is perfect, but if you're going to be on stage you need to be walking the walk
15. Autographing your band's CD is extremely fun

No comments: