Thursday, August 01, 2002

Today I'm going out to dinner with some of my high school classmates. It's so odd to say that, "my highschool friends." Highschool is a thing of the past, believe it or not, and I'm never going there again. I don't know who will be there tonight, but for once I don't really care. I used to be more particular about who was showing up at an event, but I haven't seen any of them (except for one for about ten minutes) for at least a month. I won't care if there's only three other people there, I will be so glad to see them. I'm really hoping to see one girl in particular though. Her dad died two and a half weeks ago, and I haven't got ahold of her since then. I didn't find out he had passed away until almost two weeks after the fact. I called her a couple days later, but she wasn't home. I left a message and told her she could call me back, but I probably wouldn't feel much like talking either if I was her. I really hope she'll be there tonight, and we can encourage her at least in some small way. If you think of it, pray for the Porter family, especially Bethany as she might have a lot of people asking her how she's doing tonight. Asking people how they are can be a good and bad thing. It's good because it shows concern, but it's bad because it brings back the memories. I'm hoping I can find the balance, and more than anything can show comfort and support when she needs it.

No comments: