Monday, September 02, 2002

So I tried to post here earlier today and it didn't work. It ticked me off, because it was a very long post and I lost it all. That's alright though, it was mostly just a run down of my day. Instead I'll sum it up in list format

1. Got up at 8:30
2. Didn't eat breakfast (that's going to stop though)
3. Met with my small group
4. Walked to the store then ate lunch with my small group (in the blazing heat)
5. Played wiffle ball (in the blazing heat)
6. Relaxed in my dorm
7. Ate in the caf
8. Played crazy games for orientation

So there you have my day. Lately I haven't really had much to say. Maybe things are just coming at me so fast that I haven't really had much time for introspection. That's alright for now though, I sometimes have a tendancy to think too much. Ok, maybe I have that tendancy a lot. The break's been nice. It's been good to just go through my day without thinking of every little implication in every activity or every thought I might have. I've noticed my thought life has been so clean. I guess that's what tends to happen when you keep yourself occupied.

Today after all the crazy games I was talking with a girl I'd just met. Turns out she lives in the same town as one of my roommies, about an hour from where I live. It was interesting, because a large part of our conversation was about the fact that neither of us are extremely outgoing people. We don't make frivilous conversation, and we like to have our alone time. We also talked about trust, and how weird it is that no one here really knows you. It was cool to meet someone who was feeling and thinking the exact same things that I've been. Ok, maybe I have been thinking still, just not to the same degree that I usually do. I could tell she was a very introspective person as well. It turns out she's in choir with me, but I hadn't met her. Though it didn't help that she chopped her hair off last friday. Maybe I would have recognized her otherwise. At any rate, I think I'll try to hang out with her sometime this week. We're both not the most talkative people in the world, but we managed to hold our own for 15 minutes or so. Here's to another random friendship. Only God knows where they'll all go.

No comments: