Wednesday, October 16, 2002

I tried to post here last night but it wasn't working. I've received so much encouragement from people the past couple days...it's totally blown me away. Yesterday I got a letter in my mailbox that made me cry - literally. I'm not sure if that's ever happened before. I know I've read some really touching letters, and some letters that got me choked up, but I don't know if a letter has ever made me cry before. Well this one did, about four sentences in. I also got the new Sara Groves CD yesterday (I ordered it online). Let me tell you, everyone should buy this CD. I'm going to be listening to it for the next month straight I'm sure. I'm loving this song right now.


Less Like Scars
It's been a hard year, but I'm climbing out of the rubble
These lessons are hard, healing changes are subtle
But every day it's less like tearing more like building
Less like captive more like willing
Less like breakdown more like surrender
Less like haunting more like remember

And I feel you here and you're picking up the pieces
Forever faithful
It seemed out of my hands, a bad situation
But you are able
And in your hands the pain and hurt look less like scars
and more like character


Less like a pirson more like my room
Less like a casket more like a womb
Less like dying more like transcending
Less like fear, less like ending

Just a little while ago I couldn't feel the power of the hope
I couldn't cope, I couldn't feel a thing
Just a little while back I was desperate, broken, laid out
Hoping you would come, and I need you, and I want you here
And I feel you, and I know you're here

No comments: