Friday, November 08, 2002

I had my second random encounter with people from high school today. As I was leaving the caf (which I hardly ever eat at by the way) I heard a guy say my name. I looked over and saw a guy from high school standing in line to get in. It was good to see him, and he'll be here until tonight so hopefully I'll see him again before he leaves. Both these things have been so random that I know they have to be God. The only reason I ate at the caf today was because it's raining...yet another random thing for this area. It doesn't usually rain here for more than 15 minutes, but it's been raining all day today. I love the rain, but I hate the fact that I don't have an umbrella. The music building is about a five minute walk. Just enough time to get soaked.

Last night was a cool night. I went to this seminar thing in my dorm lobby where some ladies talked about working on the mission field. I got to talk with them both a little more afterward because I was helping them put stuff away and get it out to their car. Old people are so cute. This one woman, Carolyn was so excited to talk to me, and she kept telling me things about her life and asking me questions about school. After that I got to hang out with my RD for a while and talk some things over with her. That was really good. First of all, she's just really nice and it's fun to talk with her. She grew up and went to school about 20 minutes from my home, so it's nice to exchange nor cal stories. I got to talk to her about how I've been and things that have been hard and how things are going with God. It was good to talk through it a bit, and before I left she prayed with me. I keep realizing that I'm so blessed to be here. As much as I'd like to be home, I still like being here and I'm greatful for that. Yesterday and today have definitely been days where I knew I was in the right place. Thanks Daddy.

No comments: