Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Sorry for the lack of substance in the last post, but come on, who wouldn't be proud of the fact that they're Linus?

The weekend was great. It is such a joyous occasion to go home with a friend and neither of you have to bring homework. So we worked our butts off during the week to make it that way (ok, mostly her, not I) but it was worth it to have the school-less weekend.

I'd say the only good thing the weekend lacked was sleep. It's so foolish of me to think that I'll ever get a significant amount of sleep at this girl's house, it's just impossible. No matter how tired I might be, when it comes down to it I really don't care if I get to sleep or not, because the quality time is so much more important. I've found very few people that I can talk so much and so long with, and I wouldn't trade it for the world (and that includes sleep). Granted we "slept" (I don't think I really slept that well) in until 11:30 Saturday morning, but that was counteracted by staying up until 3:40 that night.

Beside the great conversation, the best part of the weekend was the free Justin McRoberts concert that we went to. It was at a small coffee house on a college campus, and it was so amazing. That man is so funny, and it's so great to listen to him talk and explain concepts and stories behind his songs. He talked and sung about so many great things that made me think so hard. He talked about friendship and made made me so thankful for the relationships I have. I could write forever about some of the things he addressed, but there's no time for that. It was a great concert, and I'll leave it at that.

So now I'm left on a Tuesday afternoon, a bit of homework to do, choir in fifteen minutes, nose slightly stuffy and throat very tickely (I made that up. Get off my back). Nonetheless I'm feeling good. God is good.

No comments: