Monday, March 31, 2003

Yesterday our choir had their last sunday night church concert. It's nice to know I won't have to be gone sunday nights anymore, but it's also sad. Singing with this choir has been one of the coolest things I've been able to do, and I feel like I've learned a lot from the experience. We still have a couple concerts left on campus and a two week tour at the end of the year left, but the sunday night gigs are over. The concert last night was amazing. It was better in part because everyone was trying harder because it was our last one, but mostly because of what God was doing in our hearts and in that congregation. Before we sing we always do devotions as a choir. They have ranged from bad to very good, and last night was definitely very good. Our chaplain didn't say much, and left much of the time open for us to sing worship songs. We've done that before, but last night we had a lot of time. It's always been the same songs, and though they're good songs they've gotten old. Not so last night however. We sung maybe ten songs, and only one of them had we done before. People started old skool songs like Refiner's Fire and Change My Heart O God. It was really an amazing time, and definitely spirit led. There were so many songs that I was thinking of that got started by people other than myself, and to me that is proof that we were all listening to the Spirit.

Our director has had me lead us in a couple worship songs at the beginning of class the past couple mondays, and today was especially good. I love leading the girls in worship. First of all, I'm a new face up there which is nice to get rid of that redundant, stagnant feeling. But most of all, I love being able to lead the girls into the presence of God. Not to say that it's by my power that it happens, but I am honored and enjoy the priviledge to lead them in such a way. Each time I realize more and more how much I love it and that I was made to do it. Praise be to our God, He is worthy!

No comments: