Thursday, November 20, 2003

In an attempt to keep this somewhat updated and relevant I figured I should write since I have the time. It's Thursday night, which means I'm done with classes for the week. Two words: Praise God. This week seemed extremely long, and was very full. I leave for home on Tuesday and I can hardly contain my excitement.

Here's a small recap of my past week: Friday my roommates and I went down to Irvine for the Jars of Clay/Caedmon's Call concert and had a ton of fun. The music was great, but by far the best part was the time I got to spend with them. I was bummed though, because CC didn't play a single song off Long Line of Leavers, which is my favorite CD. Ah well. Saturday evening I went to my roommate's house about an hour from here. We hung out that night and went to church Sunday morning. That night the two of us met up with Mel at LAX and had some good times in Westwood. It was really trippy to have these random couple of hours to spend with her. Not only that, but we were in the middle of LA. Great, but weird. The rest of the week has really been a blur. A lot of classes...who really cares about that? I certainly haven't lately. I've been late to so many classes lately, it's been pretty bad.

In an attempt to get a lot of work done and a lot of sleep in I'm leaving for San Diego again tomorrow. I realized today that I need to spend the weekend somewhere where I can go to bed at 10. It will be glorious. I called up my cousin and ran that by her, and she said it was perfect because she actually needs a babysitter for Friday night. So I'll be at her place and will basically be paid to do nothing, because her kids will be asleep. I always feel so relaxed while I'm down there, so I can't wait to just leave tomorrow. Things have felt too overwhelming here lately.

Did I mention that I'm going home in less than a week? Sooooooooooo excited. Some more exciting news - things with my plans to study in Australia are progressing nicely. I met with my dean and asked him some questions, and he was extremely supportive of me and told me to keep him updated. That prospect is getting more and more exciting every day as more and more steps are completed. I still have quite a ways to go, but a lot of major steps have already been taken.

No comments: