Saturday, March 27, 2004

It's been a crazy week, and it totally flew by which I'm so thankful for because it puts me another week closer to spring break! My trip to San Diego was ok...not as restful as I wish it could have been. I had a lot on my mind, so I didn't really sleep while I was there. On top of that, I woke up Sunday morning feeling absolutely horrible. I made the two hour drive home anyway because I had a mandatory concert I had to go to at 2. That lasted from 2 to 9. Yes friends, seven hours. It was totally miserable, and I didn't even sing half the time because I felt so bad.

Once that was over, I had a massive test to tackle on Monday. I think it went pretty well, we'll see on Monday when I get it back with a grade on it. But since Monday it's been pretty smooth sailing and things have gone fast. The highlight of the week was definitely last night. We took my roommate out for her birthday and had a really good time. The best part was seeing her so excited over her present. This will take a little explaining. My roommate and her family don't really have a lot of money right now, so for the past year+ my roommate has been taking tons of pictures but hasn't had the money to develop them. One roll isn't so bad, but when you have ten sitting around you can't just go get them all developed because it's going to be way expensive. So a few days ago we stole all her film out of her room and took it to Costco to get it developed. She was so happy she started to cry. It was great.

After dinner (Cheesecake factory, yum!) we went to see opening night of Jersey Girl. It was pretty cute. Basically we all agreed that there was one scene that we really didn't like, but the rest of it was good. It wasn't really what I expected, which was actually really nice. Not very much of it was about romance at all, it was more about the father-daughter relationship. So, if you don't feel like spending the money to go see it I'd say don't, but it could be a good one to rent if you're not going to mind one ridiculous scene where they talk about sex and hearing the word "shit" a bunch of times. The little girl is adorable and definitely the best part and Ben Affleck does a good job as well. Definitely had some tears going on during some father-daughter moments.

Time for the most obnoxious part of the week. These kids at the movie theater last night were seriously out of control. They would like run out of the theater. Run! Then there was another group of kids in the back that just talked the. whole. time. Finally about 2/3 of the way through someone finally went to the theator admin. and brought someone in to have them stop, but my gosh it was so bad. I seriously felt like I was trying to watch a movie at a party.

One final note, my friend Margo and I made a whipped cream pact that we're going to go to Europe after we graduate. It's official, we have the pictures to prove it.

No comments: