Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Well, unfortunately I haven't grown since my last post, but I'll let you know if anything changes. In other news, I've had a nice, long weekend. We spent most of Saturday emptying out and painting my sister's bedroom, and we spent the evening of the fourth putting it back. We drove out to see my cousin's new house about 45 minutes away and had a nice afternoon there with some family. It went much better than I expected. Generally this is a part of the family we don't see too much (for a reason) but Sunday was really great and it was good to have some time with them. Yesterday was spent doing practically nothing. I was supposed to be in Monterey visiting a few friends, but things kinda fell through. Okay, actually I cancelled. Long story. So I declared yesterday paperwork day and spent some time getting ID documents together and scanning and making copies and those sorts of things. So now I have most if not all of my documents ready to go.

I had this realization about Australia last night. I've been so busy thinking of all the changes and about moving and packing and all those things that I'd sort of forgotten about school. Well, I didn't forget about it, but last night I realized that my summer is almost over. I'm going back to school in a few weeks, and summer doesn't come again for a long time. That hadn't really crossed my mind before. Granted, this is probably going to be so different and challenging and at the same time not challenging (in terms of hours in class) that it's not really going to feel like school. Then again, I will be writing papers. With weird spelling. That's going to be odd. Organized. That's incorrect spelling, isn't that weird?

Today I was running some errands with my mom and we had to go to this luggage store because this piece came off of one of our bags so she wanted to get it fixed. So as we're walking out of the store we see this huge duffel bag that they have sitting right by the door. It caught both our eyes and it had a sale tag on it, so we decided to take a look. We flipped it over and low and behold $24.95! I was seriously expecting something more around three digits. We checked it out, kept looking at each other in amazement, and eventually figured there was nothing to lose. So now I have this great, humongous duffel bag which I'm really excited about. Maybe that's lame but I've sorta been stressing about packing. This is going to make things a lot easier. Now I'm just going to be careful to spread out the weight so it doesn't get too heavy. I think that's all for now.

No comments: