Saturday, March 15, 2008

sell out

Earlier today I was logging out of myspace (I feel like I just lost 5 IQ points for typing that sentence) and I came across an interesting ad. Let me just stop right there and say that I pretty much hate myspace, especially all the advertising contained within, and most especially how dirty most all of it is. Like those match.com ads where they have the video of the hot guy sitting at his computer like he's checking out the website...as if you're actually going to find that guy. Anyway, it's manipulative and shallow 99.9% of the time.

But today, something different.

"God has called you to impact the world for him."

[exqueeze me, baking powder?]

It was an ad for Biola! I don't even want to know how much they spent to run a rather large ad on myspace. Hmm, maybe that's why APU is still thousands of dollars cheaper (though to even use the word cheap in the same sentence as APU is pretty much ridiculous).

1 comment:

John Knight said...

Agreed on myspace, I've been known to occasionally lose IQ points as well. Also, kudos for the Wayne's World reference, unless they stole it from something. And finally, belatedly, I like the haiku.