Monday, January 18, 2010

8 days

Why does it always come back to a Sara Groves album? Seriously, the woman has a gift.

I'm sitting here listening to an older album "The Other Side of Something." The song "Compelled" is getting me at the moment, harkening me back to a different season in my life. It's tugging at something deeper in me, reminding me that something is going on right now - something must be going on, or I fear I might go insane (or numb).

I'm not sure how the past eight days could have been any more of a roller coaster. Grandmother's death, consolation from dear friends, bridal shower/dinner, other Grandma in hospital, ceremony planning, Disneyland, food poisoning, Dad having heart issues. This morning I'm just trying to survive and rest. I quite literally went through the ringer yesterday (at least my stomach did).

I bought a new CD late last week. Josh Garrels' Jacaranda. It's not like what I normally listen to, but it's different and creative and a bit on the cheerier side. He also happens to be a creative and intelligent lyricist. He is also the writer of what I have decided is my "line" for this season of my life, however long it might last.

Oh learn this lesson well, my friends. There's a time to rejoice and lament. Every season will find an end. All will fade and be made new again.

No comments: