Friday, August 30, 2002

I'm at my roommates house. We got here yesterday, and pretty much slept all afternoon. I feel so worn out. I slept today until about 9:30, and stayed in bed until 10. I did not want to get up. I still wish I was in bed. I called my mom last night (actually she had called me and I called her back) and it was super hard to talk to her. Maybe because I'm in a house right now but it's not ours. I miss her a lot.

Choir camp was great, but I'm really glad it's over. It's good to have some down time and to be able to relax. I am not looking forward to orientation this weekend, because they're going to be dragging us around and having us to all these activities. I'm so worn out on activities, I just want some sense of normalcy. I'm already moved in, I don't need to hear about how to get your phone number or your mailbox key. I've already done that.

I don't mean to sound completely pessimistic. I guess the last twelve hours or so have just been rough. I cried hard last night for the second time since I've been down here. God's been so gracious though and has done so many things to confirm that this is the place that I'm supposed to be. Sometimes I still get so overwhelmed with the fact that I'm away from home and everything seems so crazy. But, I know once things get settled down (and I wish they'd get on with it already) it will be alright. I guess I just wish I would be used to things and have friends instantly. Pray for patience.

No comments: