Wednesday, September 25, 2002

I noticed something today (well, beside the fact that it's no longer raining ash and most of the sky is actually blue). I noticed that people here take a genuine concern in how I say I'm doing. Often in passing I say hi to people, and they'll ask me how I'm doing. My usual answer is alright. People question that. Several times I've gotten, "So, not so great?" No. Alright. That's what I said isn't it? I guess it's just my reluctance to say good. If my day hasn't genuinely been good, I don't say good. That doesn't mean I've had a bad day, it just means there's been nothing spectacular about it. I guess I just don't want to throw words around flippantly. Let your good mean good and your bad mean bad. Maybe that's in the MELT translation of the bible somewhere.

I'm not complaining though. It's nice to have people concerned about how I'm doing. There are a lot of people here that I'm meeting that are very genuine. I love that. It makes me glad to be here.

No comments: