Saturday, November 16, 2002

Last night I went with a guy from my music theory class to the jazz ensemble concert here on campus. He had to leave early and I definitely feel bad for him, because that's probably one of the best (if not the best) concert I've ever been to. Our jazz ensemble is amazing, especially our drummer. Oddly enough he's actually our worship leader for chapel. So, that means he has a great voice, plays guitar, and rocks on the drums. This guy is seriously gifted. I seriously could not believe my ears the whole night though. After it was over I heard tons of people say, "I can't believe we didn't have to pay to see this." I want to learn how to do jazz drumming so bad now. But I definitely need to get to LA sometime and hit a jazz concert. I cannot think of anything better than going down to the city for a 7:30 dinner reservation and staying until closing listening to the band playing there that night. It will happen. I will make it happen.

No comments: