Thursday, December 19, 2002

We did not lose power. It rained like a mother this morning and early afternoon, but our power stayed on the whole time. Now we're supposed to get snow flurries tonight. I hope the ground is white when I wake up. It's snowed her twice in my lifetime. Now, when I say snow I'm talking about two inches of it that actually hit the ground and stuck. I live in California alright? I am in northern CA so it's colder up here, but snow is very unusual, especially when your town is only 98ft above sea level.

On a completely different note, I passed all my classes! And I kept my scholarship! So I was only about 0.05 something away from the cut of, but who cares I still made it! Three point freaking 75 is quite difficult for college, and for only $4,000 dollars I don't know why they make the requirements so hard. Straight A's in high school is nothing like a 3.75 in college.

I've been thinking a lot today about all sorts of different things. The last 24 hours or so I've been thinking a lot about the friends I have an how extremely amazing they are. I know the most incredible, beautiful people. When I really sit down and think about it, I cannot believe all the things that God has done in these people's lives and how intricately and wonderfully He has made them. It sounds cheesy, but honestly there are no words to describe what I see when I look at them. And I know God sees even more than that and has even more love than that, and it completely blows me away. I've been thinking about other things too; where I'm at with God mostly. I was thinking about back in the day when things were so tight with God, when I could literally just spend the entire day (or close to it) in His presence. I never realized how hard that was, and how much discipline it requires. Funny how you grow up and become more mature, but become less mature in other things. You'd think that as I got older it would be easier to be disciplined, but it's only become more difficult. I'm hoping to start a new pattern over break, but thus far haven't been too successful. I feel God's call today though, that little voice He has a tendancy to use some times. It's been a while since I've felt that ever-so-slight longing. Maybe I should listen.

No comments: