Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Can we all pray that the storm that's supposed to hit my area tomorrow is not as bad as the previous one and that my house does not lose power again? That was really not fun.

Today was a nice day. Besides the fact that my alarm went off at 7:46. Just the fact that I had to get up to an alarm was hard enough, but an alarm at that hour was painful. From there the day was nice though. Some members of my graduating class are back from school, and our govt/econ teacher asked us to speak to this year's seniors about college life. We got to talk to each class for half an hour, which was really cool. The four of us were pretty good friends with a lot of people in that class so it was cool to see them and get to talk about what our life has been like the past four months or so.

Between classes we had several hours to kill so we went out to lunch at Lyon's then hung around at one of my friend's house. It's so different to hang out with high school friends now. The whole time we were together (well besides the times we were goofing off) we were talking about school. We don't really have similar experiences anymore, just vague similarities. So we shared stories, compared experiences, and had a good time catching up. One of my friends was upset about this. At one point during lunch she said, "Ok, let's not talk about school." I answered quietly, "There isn't really anything else to talk about." To a certain extent that was true, and she knew it. She just didn't want it to be that way. I'm alright with it, because as much as I love them I wasn't as close to anyone as she was. Quite frankly, I feel like I have closer friends after 4 months of college than after 4 years of high school. I definitely have more history with my high school friends and I love them dearly, but I've found a completely different level of friendship away at school.

I guess you just feel torn when you're at home. You have an old life here, your family is here, and your old friends from high school are here. But your current life is all...well...there. It's hard to explain unless you've been there before. But, I'm still enjoying the time at home. And I can't wait to see them all again when I go back to school for chapel tomorrow.

No comments: