Friday, January 10, 2003

So it's been a long week. I arrived back at school Sunday evening around 5, and have since been trying to adjust, attend classes, basically get back into the swing of things. The only problem is that it's a completely different swing. That's alright though, and I'm getting used to it. I'm starting to like it even. Things are getting more comfortable in my new room and my roommate and I are getting more used to each other every day. I think I have my new schedule memorized and I'm starting to work out its quirks and peculiarities. I'm not enjoying the three hour break I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's much too long. I love the fact that today my piano class was ten minutes long because my prof was on vacation. I'm excited because my choir's actually in a good mood again and I'm having fun with it. I'm stoked because at this moment I have no voice lessons to practice for, therefore I have a lot more free time. I am happy to see all my friends again and realize what a blessing they are to have.

I've been eating in the caf this week. It's kinda gross, but it's a change from last semester. I've actually been going to dinner with people, rather than hanging out with myself in my room. Oddly enough, the interaction puts me in a better mood. Who would have guessed.

The topic of the week at my school has definitely been love. More specifically, God's love for us. It's been a cool thing. I'm trying to start some good habits for the first time in a couple years. I've been getting up early to spend time with God, and it's making a difference. Not like it used to, but I'll get there. I'm so used to living apart from Him at this point it's difficult to suddenly turn that all around. Actually it's impossible to suddenly turn it all around. He's turning it though in His time, and I'm stoked to see what He does.

No comments: