Thursday, March 06, 2003

Thursday. It's almost a great day because Friday is just around the corner. One of my classes is cancelled and I'm ditching a class (right now in fact), so it's made for an easy day. I'm not sure how productive I'll be (so far I've been wasting time with things like this), but I have a lot of time to change that. Classes are good, people are good, it's been a good week. Not so long as last week which has been nice. Last week felt like a year. I wrote a song this week. It had been over a year. It's rather funny how it came about. Basically some people I was hanging out with made some really dumb comments that made me really angry, and it stirred up enough passion in me that I had to write about it. I instantly had a new chord progression, and the song was born. There are still some kinks to work out with the verses and the melody, but I thought I'd put it up here.

I've seen a bit of a double standard
People looking at each other feeling ten feet tall,
Staring at another like they're six inches small
Feeling somehow they're superior
In my opinion it's all ignorance
Lack of knowledge mixed with lack of interest

Refusing to understand one another
It will be our greatest downfall,
He created us to relate to each other
Pride inbetween we create our own barrier
We all ate the fruit but still somehow think we're better

How can we be surprised that they can't understand His love
When we can't even show it to each other
Putting others down never stopping to turn around
and face reality that we were made the same
Content to stay in our own comfort
Ignorace cannot be bliss
In fact it's often how we hurt each other
If we could seek to understand rather than be understood
We just might find we'd learn to love each other


Seems to me that something's broke
Since when did we think that some sin was worse than any other
Disgusted by practices we can't image
We say, "I'd never fall to that temptation"
We might all fall in different ways but that doesn't mean we can't be saved

Redemption can be found in our Savior
Wholeness can be found in our Savior

No comments: