Saturday, March 01, 2003

Today's been an interesting day. Well, maybe it hasn't been especially interesting except for the second half of the rugby game I watched this afternoon. A friend of mine from high school was out here today because her boyfriend is on the rugby team at her school, which had a match at my school today. So I got to watch my first live game of rugby and hang out with her a bit and catch up a little. It's got people from high school back on my mind again. I don't know how long they'll stay on my mind, but it just makes me wonder about them again. Where are they, how's life treating them, what are they learning, how are classes, what are they seeing God do (if they even are).

I suppose I could take some time to shorten that list of topis by at least one. I guess I'll start with the one I'm most excited about, which would be the whole YWAM/DTS/UofN deal. Basically I've been looking into DTS's (dicipleship training school) at various University of the Nations locations. There's only one campus in the US (Hawaii, not bad), and the other campus I'm looking at is in Switzerland. Why UofN and not any of those other hundreds of bases? None of those bases offer a DTS which will allow me to miss only the fall semester of school. Basically because of tons of boring scheduling stuff (which I'm not going to explain) I have to miss the fall semester of school, not the spring. So, UofN it is, and I'm fine with that.

In two years I'll be done with my music core and half-way through my college career. I figure by that time I'm going to have changed even more than I have in the last six months, and that I'm going to be relatively tired of school. I also figure I'm going to be in need of a fresh vision on my life, its purpose, and just who God is in the midst of it. I'm stoked about the ways God has met and spoken to me here, but I know that there's so much more waiting for me if I would really just press in. I think (I know) a DTS would equip me to do that. I've seen lives (mainly this one) dramatically changed by their time away and intense study while on a DTS. I want to be stretched that way, I want to grow that way, and I want to learn more of God's heart and will for my life. So in a way a DTS would be taking a break, but in a lot of ways it will probably be more intense than anything I'm doing at school. I'm stoked for the learning experience, and stoked to see what God does with this desire and how he'll bring it to pass if He wants it.

I love that about God. The fact that if He wants it you don't have to worry at all about it happening, it just will.

I suppose I'll stop there. Maybe if I do one subject each time it will motivate me to blog more frequently. That felt good, I've forgotten how good it can be to write sometimes.

No comments: