Monday, April 14, 2003

I had the weirdest dream this morning/last night. I was at school and we were hosting a concert (that's happened several times this year) except the concert was at our church. Don't ask me why our school was responsible for it but it was offcampus. Or maybe I just had a connection to work there somehow, I had no idea. But at any rate, I was working the concert. Not as a merch person or security, but as a member of the sound crew. So, there I am sound-checking the Dave Matthews band, making sure things are plugged in right, etc. Then Jars of Clay gets up (since when do they play with Dave Matthews) and start to get all their stuff plugged in. From there we have numerous issues. For whatever reason in my dream we were pluggling a couple of guitars into their own individual boards which were on stage. As if that makes sense. But that's what we were doing. Everything was plugged in right, but it wasn't working. So, they told me to go try my board with a couple other guitars and see if it made a difference. Then I remember leaving and being back at school, and having no way to get back to the concert.

But before I even realized that, I decided to go visit my friend at her school. Now, in actuality my friend's school is over 1,000 miles from mine, two states away. But for whatever reason her school was behind our new dorm building in my dream last night. So I went over to visit her, discovered her room connected 4 ways with her three suitmates' rooms, and some of them were boys. I got confused over all the entrances to the bathroom and accidentally walked into the boy's room during a time that was passed curfew.

After my visit I realized I had to get back to the concert, but I didn't know where it was because I didn't drive there. I finally got a car (maybe I stole one? I have no clue) then hit the road...not really knowing where I'm going. Then, after I'd driven down the street a few minutes I realized I remembered the directions how to go there. Thinking about it now, it was actually the directions to my choir concert a week and a half ago I remembered. So I tried to get on the freeway, but it was dark so I read the sign wrong and got on the freeway going the wrong direction. Within minutes I was surrounded by redwoods. I live in LA county, there are no such things as redwoods. I think the dream ended sometime during the middle of my drive back to the concert, which, by the way, was now going to be Five Iron Frenzy.

Dave Matthews Band, Jars of Clay, and Five Iron Frenzy. Definitely a weird dream.

No comments: