Saturday, June 07, 2003

I'm back to the life of a sloth today. Thursday and Friday I spent 6-7 hours each day at work. Can I just say: I love my job! I work my butt off, but it really is wonderful and the time goes so fast and the people I get to work with are so cool. Let me give you a glimpse into what I do.

In essence I get assigned something to do either by my manager or the owner of the store, and when I finish that job, I report back to them and ask for something else to do. So I really am busy ALL THE TIME. Things I've done thus far include: cleaning hideous parts of the store's office (I have to tackle the funkshwa room sometime soon AKA the pile of crap room), organizing and cleaning the rental area, stocking anything and everything, pricing then stocking WAY too much equipment, watering all the various plants around the store, and basically doing anything else anyone tells me to do. Now let me explain to you the reasons I love my job.

1. I'm working at a store that I love and am familiar with
2. My job involves working with other people, but not annoying customers
3. What I do varies from day to day, so I'm never bored
4. After hanging out with girls all year long I finally get to be around some guys (don't take that the wrong way)
5. I work with musicians
6. My bosses and the employees are really nice, down to earth people
7. The store's website can be viewed in brooklynese.

No comments: