Saturday, August 23, 2003

So just after I've gotten off the phone with Mel and told her how I'm over the whole blogging deal I've decided to blog something. Weird, but I figured I would try it. It's not as though stuff hasn't been happening and it's not as though I haven't had things on my mind. I think when it comes down to it I'm just fed up with the fact that this is all electronic. There was a time that I really liked the convenience of mass updates but now I'm somewhat fed up with it. It serves some cool purposes i.e. being able to recount my whole trip to Australia. (btw Joan that was sweet that you liked it that much, I'm glad.) I think I'm over the idea of putting my thoughts out there and just letting them be "out there," rather than sharing them with someone personally. That's enough about that.

I think along with that I haven't been updating because I don't want the Australia bit to die and go to the next page. There is a part of me that's still really holding on to the trip, and as I wrap each detail up and things get more back to normal it frightens me. It frightens me because I don't want to forget. I don't want the things I learned to slip away just like the blogs will eventually slide off the front page. I got some photos back today from the trip that I got enlarged, and I'm stoked to have them but another part of me is disappointed. Getting the pictures back is just another reminder that it's over. Soon they'll be no more organizing those things, no more stories to tell, no more Tim Tams to eat (I only brought back one package. What was I thinking?). This is getting depressing.

In other news, it's been a really full last couple of days. I've done some school shopping, been back in the studio, TPed my pastor's house, worked a lot of hours, and got my hair cut (yay!). I bought three books yesterday. Two by C.S. Lewis, and one by John Eldredge. I'm reading one of the C.S. Lewis ones right now - The Great Divorce. I'm about a quarter of the way through it and it's really good so far. Lewis is seriously a genius, the way he makes you think is astounding. The story is fiction so there's a bunch of symbolism; it's sort of grown-up The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I've been rocking out to Hillsong a lot in my car recently (I'll be mailing the CD this week Leah). So much so that I'm sure I look like a complete idiot to anyone who's driving around me. We're talking all out air guitar and drums, complete with head and upper body movement. I can't wait to freak my roommate out in a couple weeks when I put the CD on in our room and just start going off.

Speaking of roommates, I'm moving on Friday. This is a fact that definitely has not hit me yet. How do I know, you ask. Let me tell you. If it had really hit me that I was moving, I think I'd be freaking out. I'd be getting nostalgic over really stupid things. Instead I'm just oblivious. I just realized half an hour ago that I'm going to have to say a bunch of goodbyes tomorrow at church. Lame. I hate leaving.

I'd say that's enough for now. Or for a long time, who knows. We'll see how I feel about blogging tomorrow.

No comments: