Wednesday, August 20, 2003

still Saturday, August 8
The drive out was gorgeous and I didn't mind its length because there was cool scenery to look at. Finally we got there and had a look around and figured out what we could do. It was about 10 till five, and the 5:00 tour just happened to be the cave we had joked about - The Temple of Baal. This led to many more jokes and much fun. The tour was $22, but was amazing and totally worth it. Weird as it sounds, we had a great time down in the cave and got to see and learn about something that you don't normally see or even get to think about.

The tour was excellet and our tour guide great. After and hour and a half we were back on the surface and getting in the car to leave. It took us hardly any time to get out of the park, which none of us really gave a second thought to. But after about 15 minutes of driving we ended up on a dirt road, and nothing and no direction seemed right. After a couple minutes I remembered a bunch of stuff that we passed on our way in but hadn't passed on our way out. So we headed back to the park, then drove through the correct exit. I swear Jesus made those dirt roads appear, and if they hadn't been there we could have been lost for hours and hours. From there it was smooth sailing for a few hours, until we got slightly lost trying to find Chili's "texas grill."

Leah and Mel were so stoked, it was hilarious. We got chips and salsa (which were pretty dodgey, even after ordering a new basket) and all got Mexican food. The service was pretty nuts because this waitress was covering like 10 tables. She stuffed our order a bit so we ended up getting a free dessert out of it. I ordered a drink but it was nasty, so Mel took it and drank about half. Everyone had a bit of alcohol...hmm nevermind that sentance sounds bad ;o) It was a good evening with lots of fun, food, and Spanish pronounciation lessons. We finally got home around 11:30 and bummed around a little before going to bed. I was glad that we decided to get up early-ish and hang out in the morning rather than stay up really late at night (which is what usually happens).

So Leah and I went to bed and I guess I might have slept for a little while, but then I woke up and could not fall back to sleep... Thus began the hours where Krystle could not fall asleep and Leah didn't because she's nice...

Finally though I feel asleep until Leah woke up about half an hour before our alarm was to go off. Mel came down about 7:30 to say good morning and get up. Eventually we all got ready and we headed out to Manly beach. After going to other beaches, Manly was not what I expected. It's a city beach, right next to the downtown area. We grabbed a bite to eat then walked along the beach and up around it a ways. It was nice to stay busy and not be moping around the house. Eventually it came time to leave, and I said my goodbyes to Al. Then Mel and Leah and I hoped in her car and were off to the airport. We got there heaps early and my check-in was a breeze, so Mel and Leah hung out with me for about an hour. We didn't really say much but it wasn't really sad either which was good. I had cried for about half the ride in, but was over it for the moment. Finally 1:00 came and I headed toward my gate. The goodbyes were hard as usual, but good as well...

Thus far (with about an hour to go!) the flight has been excellent, especially in camparison to my flight over. I've only watched one movie (compared to three on my way over) but the time has gone so much faster. Sitting next to me are a mother and daughter (both adults) who are on their way to the Carribbean to look after and bring home their brother/son. They're both really nice, and I've been able to talk to them a bit without pressure to talk heaps - it's been a good balance...

No comments: