Tuesday, August 12, 2003

still Monday, July 28
The three of us went to the 10:45 service that morning. Leah and I were both pretty tired, but I tried to stay alert. Things were loud, so it made it easier. Hillsong is very different than any other church I've been to... The message was on territory... After church we picked up some stuff at Coles then Mel made us Mexican food back at her place. We hung out and talked a bit until Leah had to leave, then Mel and I bummed around until night church... The service was good. The place was packed out and the people were stoked to be there... paraphrase Mel and I hung out that night, watched a movie with her roommies then talked a bit before bed. It was rad.

Today we got up and took the bus to the mall where I got this journal (I had forgotten mine at home) and some postcards. We ate Middle Eastern food and talked.

Tuesday, July 29
Today Mel ditched school and we caught a bus to Parramatta, then caught a train to Penrith to go to "mini America." A Krispy Kreme had just opened there, and there was a Taco Bell/KFC, McDonalds, and a couple other American places... Since we were a ways out from the city I got asked about my accent and talked with a Krispy Kreme worker for a bit about California. Tomorrow we have to get up at dawn to go the city with Hills.

Thursday, July 31
The past two days I've gone to "Practical Ministry Week" with Mel. Basically it's like going to a conference. Yesterday we were bused out to the city campus and had our sessions there... We got back from the city about 4. I took a nap then we bummed around until 6:30 or so when we headed to WACA (worship and creative arts) practice. Still no Darlene... Today we were at Hills. There were two "normal" sessions of teaching, and the first one (Katrina Henderson) was awesome. She reminded me a lot of Leah, and Mel said the exact same thing...

No comments: