Monday, September 08, 2003

I don't have anything in particular on my mind, but I've run out of things (I have the brain power) to do, so I figured I might as well update since I haven't in a while. School has become insane, but not completely chaotic which is nice. There's a lot of work but I'm staying on top of things so it hasn't been completely overwhelming. I can definitely see that these three day weekends are going to come in handy, because I have a heck of a lot of reading to do each week. Note to self: Don't take two junior/senior level classes concurrently during your sophomore year.

I met with the youth pastor of the church I've been going to here to talk to him about working with the High School group at the church. The meeting went really well, and I'm totally amazed at the format of the group. It is the complete ideal for what I like and at least think I'm good at. They do some of the typical youth group stuff with hanging out, games, and worship, but then rather than a big talk they split off into small groups and do a bible study/discussion that way. Each leader is responsible for around five kids, and you have those kids every week and are responsible to stay in touch with them during the week. I LOVE doing stuff like that with small groups and one-on-one. Generally I become somewhat intimidated by the large group format, but working with a small group of kids is so much more natural for me. And it gives me the chance to form deep relationships with the girls in my group. So, I'm praying about that and so is the youth pastor, and we're going to talk about what we think on Sunday. I'm stoked. Pray for me on that one if you would.

No comments: