Friday, February 20, 2004

As you can see I got the bold fixed. I thought I'd actually failed again because my browser went psycho as I tried to publish, but it ended up working to my surprise.

Look at what happens when I actually don't have a lot of stuff going on. All of a sudden updates happen more than twice a month. Amazing how that works. I'm enjoying the lower stress level, but in the back of my mind all the things (mainly assignments) that the future holds looks overwhelming. I'm trying to plan and keep track of things. And when that doesn't do any good, I try to not think about it for a while. Sometimes the second method is more successful.

Today we had "creative arts" chapel. No one really knows what that means. I think it ends up being a bit different every year. So this morning I went into it with few expectations. The general attitude was "this is probably going to be lame." And I've got to say it wasn't the best chapel I've ever been to, but God did speak to me through it, and that's all I asked. This morning I asked God if there would just be one thing that I would learn this morning, one thing I could take away and mull over. It didn't matter if it was a certain aspect of his character or something in my life or something I need to work on. I just wanted there to be something. It took a while, but at the end there finally was. Once again God reminded me of war. That sounds nice doesn't it. I was reminded to take up my sword and shield and put on the armor he has commanded me to clothe myself with.

I am so concerned with this world. Completely sucked up into it. Who cares? Is my homework really that important? Is my school life really that important? I mean, who really gives a damn in light of eternity what my grade in physical science was. That doesn't mean I'm not going to try, but the things of God sure as heck better be a higher priority than that. They're so entirely not. I think right now at best the things of God are about fifth on my list. I need God at the top of that. To have his perspective on life, reality, what's important. God doesn't need to be at the top of that list, He needs to consume that list. Everything on that list needs to be of him and for him and by him. Why? Because it's important in light ot eternity. The way I live now affects eternity. I forget that all the time. The way I wage (or don't wage) war has a real affect on reality. The way I pray (or don't pray) for others has an affect on the present and the future. Jesus help me prioritize. I need you.

No comments: