Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Last night I had a dream that an airplane crashed into my house. I watched it from our living room and thought, "that airplane is a bit closer than it should be" seconds before it made contact. I exchanged a look with either my mom or my dad as to say "oh shoot" and "goodbye" at the same time. Surprisingly (or not suprisingly since it was a dream), we managed to come out unharmed. Not even a bruise. How's that for realistic? The whole house should have really blown up. So for the rest of my dream, we had half an airplane sticking into one side of our house. How's that for random. And it was a Southwest plane, just in case you were wondering.

I'm super confused about what day it is. My school keeps giving us these random days off, which I really don't mind but it really messes me up in terms of keeping track of the week. We had last Tuesday off for a "School specific activity day." The School of Music did nothing, neither did the School of Theology or the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences (the schools of my roommates and myself). I'd like to think it was School specific sleeping day. And today is Common Day of Learning, better known as "common day of sleeping," "common day of going to the beach" or my personal favorite "common day of loafing" (notice it's still CDL). So I'm sitting around doing homework today. Such has been my life lately, and it will be for the next two weeks still. After March 16th I'll be pretty much free for a few weeks, or things will have settled down at least. Right now the level of homework has reached an all-time high. While I'm on top of things, the pile still looks daunting.

Let me ask you a question. What kind of professor makes 2/3 of your 8-10 page paper worth 20 points? Is that much work really worth it for a measly 20? I don't think I'm going to stress over this assignment. It's not worth it. (Note: chances are I probably will anyway).

So currently I'm sitting here typing this because I'm really tired of doing homework, namely an assignment for my conduction class which I've already put 20+ hours into this semester. I'm seriously going to cry with joy when it's over. Dear Jesus, let that day be soon. Or come back between now and then.

No comments: