Sunday, March 14, 2004

So it's Sunday night and the weekend's almost over but for the first time in a long time I'm actually glad. I really just want to get this week over and done with. Not this whole week, moreso the next couple of days. There is going to be great rejoicing Tuesday afternoon, let me tell you. Friday I'm going to head down to San Diego to see some friends who are going to school down there and then go to my aunt and uncle's place. I cannot wait to just RELAX and not do school work. I will have to study a bit while I'm down there since I have a midterm that Monday, but that's going to be inconsequential in comparison to how much work I've been doing recently.

I got this great book at Family Christian the other day, along with tree 63's new cd and delirious king of fools. the book is called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha world. I'm stoked to read it. I read the first chapter last night, but didn't have time to do the study that goes with it (isn't that ironic) so i'm going to read it again when i can do the study. It's weird though, I want to read this book but at the same time it becomes another "thing to do" which just contributes to my whole Martha mentality. I'm hoping that admist the "doing" of the reading that i'll learn to slow down and focus on what's important - namely anything and everything but school. Ok, that was a slight exaggeration.

Lately i've been writing chord progressions with ease. It's freaking me out a bit. And I've been a bit inspired (though I don't know from what) to take a stab at writing some words. So perhaps once school has calmed down (later this week) there could be some songs. Who knows. I've felt really encouraged in my music by other people lately. I think that's really helped. That's all for now. The next entry will probably be great rejoicing on tuesday.

No comments: