Sunday, May 09, 2004

How's this for a great homecoming. I have explained to many people at school that I live in a really unusual area and that sometimes this communish place down the street has these weird gatherings and we can hearing drumming emanating from the gathering. Well yesterday after seven hours on the road we're finally approaching my house, and what do I see? Yes that's right, tons of cars lining the streets and people in hippie garb heading toward the commune houses. My mom rolled down the window and said she didn't hear any drumming, but she did hear music. What a welcome back to hippie land.

So yes I'm at home and mostly it's just weird, but the prospect of not having homework and just relaxing is very nice. I enjoyed getting over 6 hours of sleep last night and I'm looking forward to the fact that tomorrow will be the same way. So now it's just hanging out, finishing unpacking (I did most of it yesterday, can you believe that?) and hanging out with some fam tonight. We're going to French food. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: