Friday, May 14, 2004

Unlike Mel I'm really having a hard time getting used to blogger's new format. Really though it's all because I don't like change and it's difficult for me to get used to new things. Eventually I'll be alright. Of course, with how often I tend to update it could be quite some time before I'm used to this. Moving on...

This has been a very non-eventful week, which I mostly like. I'm starting to hit the point of boredom though. I seriously don't know what I did over summer when I didn't work. Why wasn't I bored? Why wasn't I driving my mother crazy? Maybe I was. I called my work earlier this week and they said to call back later in the week, which I did today, but I couldn't get ahold of my boss so I left a message. I haven't heard back from him. Let me woooooooooooork I'm so boooooored. I'd be perfectly happy to water the plants right now. Actually I came to a place last year where I really liked watering in the morning. It can be quite nice outside and my arms got a nice tan out of it.

My recent discovery has been yoga. I'd been turning the idea over in my mind for the last week or two of school. Here's the deal - I am the least flexible person on the face of the earth. Really, I am. So it's been really good to have something that focuses on relaxation, posture, breathing, and strengthening which are all things I need. My back is so messed up and I know it's because of my bad posture and weak stomach muscles. So hopefully this will help me out. I have a really good video with hosts that are nice but not super whacked. I'm excited about it.

I have all my paperwork done for Australia, which is a really weird feeling. I got my visa early this week and I put in a housing application too. Figuring out where exactly I'm going to live is my present challenge, then there's going to be a slight lull until the packing nightmare begins. Last night I had a sort of two-in-one dream/nightmare about LAX. I remember having a dream or two last year before I went, but it certainly wasn't two months before I was going to go. It my dream I had somehow ended up driving to LAX, but had come in a different entrance (I think there's only one entrance) and could not find my terminal. Then somehow I think I was in a terminal that was underwater or something. But I think I could breathe. Then I met up with my parents finally too. It was definitely a weird one. Speaking of flying, I haven't received my tickets in the mail yet which isn't freaking me out but I'm starting to get concerned. I think if I don't get them by Monday the travel agency is going to get a little call. They gave me no time frame on how long it would take so I have no idea if this is normal or if they should have been here by now.

To change subjects completely, I've been doing a bit of deep thinking this week but not so much right at this moment. One thought though. I've been thinking lately about the nature of Christianity and I've been asking, "Wow, is this what it really is?" Sometimes I find it a bit weird. Like the whole God chose a nation, and the whole animal sacrifice thing and the deal with blood and purity laws and all that. Then we have Jesus coming on the scene and dying this unbelievably brutal death that was completely necessary for our atonement and it's just like...whoa. Sometimes it just seems so...I'm not sure. Out there maybe? I guess our culture is so far removed from that it's hard to wrap my head around sometimes. When I was driving home from school my Mom choose a lot of the music, which meant we listened to a lot of old but good music I haven't brought out in a while. Midway through the drive she popped in Jars of Clay's first CD, and a line off the first song really hit me (sorry can't remember the title). You know that line that goes, "Flesh and blood/Is it so elemental?" Well it really hit me for the first time. I'd never really paid attention to that line before but that subject has really been interesting to me lately. It is elemental, and sometimes it's just weird in my head but other times it makes such perfect sense and blossoms into this crazy beautiful intense story. I guess that's part of the mystery. Thoughts are welcome.

No comments: