Thursday, May 06, 2004

It's over. Let everyone say "amen." I've started packing up some stuff but I can't really do much because I don't have anything to pack it in. So I guess my parents and I will just take the brunt of it tomorrow afternoon when they get here. I'm okay with that; I'd rather not have it be a long, drawn-out process.

The tests yesterday went pretty well for my taste, and my two today were easy as heck. You gotta love how I prepared for my conducting final for less than half an hour (didn't even practice the song all the way through) and probably got an A. I'm so glad that class is over. I really like conducting but I was so sooo over that class months ago. Probably had something to do with the fact that we had a million assignments that took hours and hours, and the fact that the class is from 1-2:30 which should really be naptime.

So right now I'm sitting here waiting for my friend to call me and tell me she's back so we can hang out. All my roommates are out doing errand type things, and I'm presently done with my packing. I'm definitely in denial still, otherwise I think I'd be freaking out and getting sentimental over anything and everything. I can't wait to watch the finale of friends tonight and have no homework or finals to worry about. Just hanging out with my roommates watching great TV completely stress free. There's nothing better.

I played my guitar yesterday for the first time in ages. I think since I've been back from Easter break I haven't really had the time to even think about playing it. In fact, it had been so long that after about 10 minutes my fingers had already begun to hurt. Yikes. It was a lot of fun though. I was playing for a friend/acquaintance who didn't know I played guitar but saw my Taylor in the corner and wanted to see it. It was cool to talk with her a bit about guitars and other things, but it was also a bummer to find out what we had in common three days before I'm leaving. That sort of stuff is supposed to happen at the beginning of the year so you can hang out and become friends. Darn.

Well, now I'm sitting here with five more minutes having passed still in the same situation I was in five minutes ago. I pulled something in my back/shoulder yesterday trying to throw a basketball over a fence to someone. I was in immense pain. I think it's the combination of writing essays in my really small messy handwriting, slouching at my computer, slouching studying, slouching anytime, and throwing the basketball that did it. I feel like an old woman. Oh wait I am an old woman. And with that I'm out, gotta go put my dentures back in.

No comments: