Wednesday, May 05, 2004

My roommates are packing a bunch of stuff from our living room. It's depressing. I actually haven't walked out there to see what it looks like now and I don't really want to.

At this moment I'm officially halfway through my finals in terms of numbers of tests, but I think the bulk of difficulty is greater on the second half. I have the test I'm most nervous about later this afternoon. I've done some good studying with my roommate for the last hour or more and I'm feeling a lot better about it. Still, I'll be glad (and probably angry) when it's over.

This weekend I stayed in Southtown for the last time. I'll be down there again in a few weeks for a wedding, but that's going to be a really quick trip. I can't believe I'm not going to see my cousins for such a long time. The boys are going to be so big when I get back. I'm sad that I'll miss so much. But I know my time overseas will be amazing. I have to keep reminding myself that the pluses and minuses will even out (and I believe do more than come out even). I only have two more nights here at school, one in a hotel, then it's the long drive home. I'm really happy to go. I'm just so over school and work and studying. Give me my own room, a five hour work day, lots of free time to play instruments, and a church where I actually know people and feel involved. Not to mention the air is clean, my family is nearby, and it's not ridiculously hot. Sweet hippieland I hear you calling.

No comments: