Tuesday, July 20, 2004

My last full day in the United States. I'm 95% packed and I'm feeling pretty good. I felt a bit queasy this morning but that eventually wore off and now I'm just relaxing with the fam. My Grandma's over here too and she's having dinner with us tonight. We're having tacos because I'm going to have serious Mexican food withdrawals over the next couple of months.

I had a pretty good weekend, and it went really fast. Golf and company picnic with my Dad on Saturday, followed by a movie night at one of my friend's house. So I Married An Axe Murderer is the funniest movie. "Heed! Pants! Now!" So many quotable lines. Sunday was my last day at church and pretty cool. I got to talk with a girl I grew up going to youth group with for a while which was great. We don't see each other often at all but it seems whenever we do see each other we're always able to honestly express where we're at. I really like that. That night we saw The Lion King at the Orpheum in San Francisco. It was absolutely incredible. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It was enough to bring me to tears during the opening number. It was just incredibly beautiful, and I can't wait to see more performances in Sydney. The Barber of Seville is going to be amazing.

So that's all really. That's all...yeah right. Tomorrow this blog becomes very literally "leaving it behind." I would appreciate prayers as I'm embarking on almost 24 hours of travel tomorrow morning. I'm feeling fairly confident with a pinch (or more) of dread as well. I'm just going to have to buck up and stick it out. So I guess next time you hear from me I'll be on the south end of this planet. Latah mates.


No comments: