Friday, July 16, 2004

Okay so I'm really antsy and worked up right now because everyone I know is either asleep or not home and I just want to call someone up and say, "What in the heck is up with my day?" but I can't. And that makes me angry and feel unresolved and now I can't go to sleep. But seriously, what is up today? It's just been such a weird day. Lots of bad things. Not horrible, just weird bad things that have left a foul taste in my mouth. Let us start at the beginning.

Today I went to work to pick up my paycheck. There was supposed to be a BBQ. I show up; no one's at the BBQ. Turns out they moved the BBQ to yesterday. No problem. On to probably the worst news of the day: finding out my grandma rode on a Greyhound 24 hours all the way to Idaho to miss her class reunion by a day because she either got told or had the wrong date. It was already bad enough that she had booked this horrible bus ride without telling us...but the fact she missed the main meeting. Talk about a pit in your stomach feeling. Next weird happening: on my way out to camp tonight there was an accident 30 seconds from my house. They just put in a new stop sign at an intersection and obviously someone ran right through it. Yeah, glad we've made that intersection safer. Last weird happening...on my way home from camp I encounter yet another accident. Fireman tells us after a while that they're moving traffic and it will be about five more minutes. Cool. Ten minutes later. Nothing. Another few minutes, the other side of traffic gets to go. Do we get to go? No. I have no idea why. So about half an hour after I'd first gotten there I finally get to go, and they way they have us go isn't even blocked by anything and I'm thinking, "so why didn't we just go up this road half an hour ago?" I'm not sure. But the accidents just kinda freaked me out. Seriously I think I've encountered one accident like that in my life EVER. Then today on both sides of the same trip I encounter two? What's going on here. What is up with today? I am so glad that it's now tomorrow.

No comments: