Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Wow folks a week from tomorrow guess where I'll be headed? Things are coming up fast and I can hardly believe it. I half practiced packed today. I got all the way through my clothes and shoes and decided I had enough room that I should be fine when it comes time to really pack. I fit all my clothes and shoes in my amazing duffel bag ($24.95) so with another bag of my choice to bring I think things will work out nicely. And I figure I'm already not going to be able to carry everything anyway, so it doesn't matter how big my luggage is anymore. It's one of those carts for me all the way.

I have a story from yesterday. It's a cool God story. I told it to the campers last night and they really thought it was cool, and on my way home I realized I had left out a minor but cool detail, so I want to tell the story again! Plus it's just a good one. Each night for the past two weeks I've been driving out to this camp to lead worship. I live about 15 minutes away, and basically where I start driving is where the road gets curvey and somewhat dangerous. So I'm driving out there at about 9pm each night, so it's dark and not the best conditions for driving on a windy road. Sometimes as I leave I say a quick prayer for God's protection as I drive. Last night I happened to do so, and I was on my way. Not too far into my drive I got behind a car who was going a bit slower than I would. Probably only 3-5 mph, so it was enough to slow me down but not so much to drive me crazy. I remember thinking, "well this is good, this car will pace me and give me better visibility etc." After five to ten more minutes of driving we were on a somewhat straight stretch of road, and all of a sudden a fawn starts crossing the road. The car in front of me hit their brakes, and I hit mine. We didn't have to hit them hard and the fawn made it across the road and we were safe as well. Then I thought, "well what if I'd been going a few miles per hour faster...would I have hit that fawn? Would I have been able to stop? Would I have missed it completely?" I don't know, but I took it as God's answer to prayer last night. Here's the part I forgot to tell the campers. The car turned on literally the very next street after this incident. So the car was in front of me to pace me up until the deer, then it turned right after the whole thing. Yeah. God story. That's what I'm talking about.

I'm in a weird mood. AL is kicking butt in the All-star game. HOORAY! Leah if you read this please call me. Late.

No comments: