Monday, August 16, 2004

I must say I had a lovely weekend. It was filled with things to do but not too filled. Things started off with Powerhouse at Hills on Friday night which was good. Maybe I should say interesting. I think I had Hillsong culture shock, it's a bit to get used to. An American guy spoke though and I totally forgot I was in Australia until a guy got up and said something after he spoke and I got really confused for a second. After Powerhouse there was a party which was a very good time. There's nothing better than a great party with lots of food, lollies (candy), and non-alcoholic drinks all for free! I got to meet some cool people as well which was really nice. I think I went to bed that night at 1am. Definitely my latest night here by far. Saturday I hung out and did a bit of homework, then I took the bus out to Chattie to meet up with Ali and her homies to drive out to her gig in Newtown. It was a good time and Ali did really well. There was also this amazing group there called Jenani. It's just these two girls but they're just incredible musicians and have a style all to themselves not to mention voices to die for. Plus one of them plays violin extremely well. Ahhh that was definitely my favorite part of the day. They played a long time so that made me happy.

Sunday morning I made the trek out to Leah's, which apparently can take 2 hours by public transport though she's only 20 minutes drive from me. But that's on Sunday with less routes going. I didn't care anyway, it was a nice trip out and a good chance to see some of the suburbs around here, not to mention that I love taking the ferry. I hung at her place for a few hours, then we headed out to her church where I played for worship team with her. I must say I love playing the drums and I miss being able to do it often. It expels a lot of energy, especially nervous energy that I would probably just spend figiting or biting my nails. So that was great and the service was just really good. I love Leah's church because people are really involved and take time to share with everyone what God is doing in their life and what prayer requests they have and all that. After church I went back home with Leah, where she made us extraordinary peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Leah was wonderful with her meals on Sunday, it was legendary. Not long after our meal we went to bed, then she brought me back here today on her way to uni.

I'd like to say as well that I have my most boring classes today but I decided to stick it out and go and it wasn't all that bad. Plus they're having this poster sale on campus right now and I got two great posters for $19! That's like $14US. A-ma-zing! One is black and has a bunch of Beatles album covers on it, and the other is this lovely picture of a boat with a small island in the background. In my short time here the picture of a single, small boat has come to have a lot of symbolic meaning, so I figured this picture would be perfect for my room. Not only is it beautiful, it reminds me of God's love and call on my life. Good stuff. Now it's time for me to stop typing. I've been on the internet a really long time, but it's been productive stuff so I guess that's okay. Stuff like planning my trip to Tassie. HOORAY!

No comments: