Monday, August 23, 2004

Well I figured I should update since it's been quite a while since I've done so. Things have gotten a bit more busy, though not a whole lot more. I'm not really sure what I was doing last week that prevented me from updating. Nothing I don't think. Anyway another week is gone and mainly it was a lot of schoolwork and those sorts of things. But I had an excellent day on Friday as I spent the whole day with Al. We went to the city for Harry's pies, then had some excellent chocolate and headed out to Bondi and walked along the beach. All and all a wonderful day, capped off with some excellent Mexican food. God bless fajitas, seriously. Australia needs to learn what black beans are though. Really, they're just little black beans folks. It's not that hard. They're so essential to fajita making. They were still good without them, but I did miss their presence in my little tortilla. Or should I say tortillas. I had three. I really liked them.

Yesterday Leah and I saw the Australian Chamber Orchestra at the Opera House and it was absolutely amazing. I seriously can't say anything beside that. We just walked out of there totally amazed and relaxed and just really content. I love going to things like that. I just wish they didn't cost $30. Which I guess really was quite a deal but not everything is that (relatively) inexpensive. Leah and I need to find a secret entrance into the Opera House so we can go there all the time for free. Note to self: find secret entrance.

After the Symphony we had some excellent gellato at the quay before catching the ferry back to Leah's. Soon we were off to church, which unfortunately I was somewhat falling asleep during. I haven't been sleeping very well lately, and I think the lack of sleep combined with the relaxing effects of the Symphony put me out. It was good though; it's good to be in the house of God and hear from God's word even when you don't necessarily feel like being there (or being awake).

Today was an interesting day. Last week I had just briefly met this guy in one of my classes at the Christian club meeting on campus. So today we hung out and talked a bit and it turns out we have heaps of stuff in common. So he came back here on our lunch break and we jammed and played guitars together and had a really good time. We're interested in the same types of music and knew a lot of the same stuff which made it pretty easy. He asked me to play some stuff and for whatever reason I did. Turns out he's in a band and he said if I ever want to open for them I could and it was just really cool to make a connection in that respect as well. He goes to church really close to campus so I think I'm going to check that out this Sunday and see how it goes. It's always good to make friends in classes as lectures can be a bit...wide open sometimes. Other than that, I skipped my history tut today which I think was a great decision. Maybe it really wasn't, but I'm fond of it. That's all for now.

No comments: