Friday, September 03, 2004

Oh dear it's about time isn't it. Actually I wanted to post yesterday but blogger was broken so I could not. But here I am. It's September. Does anyone else think that's weird? First of all, why have I been in school for a month and NOW it's September? I guess the weather is starting to look more appropriate for September, except we're supposed to have a high of 9 degrees today, which isn't very September-ish. I'm just very seasonally confused right now, not to mention when I date my lecture notes each day I feel like I'm skipping through the months because they put the day first instead of the month. Today is apparently the 9th of March. No that's not right is it.

Wow I'm not sure where that came from. Anyway, I haven't been up to much; nothing big anyway. Stuff for school has become a bit more demanding, though it's still not all that demanding. I handed in a paper yesterday which sounds impressive, but it's really not. I wouldn't call less than four pages a major accomplishment, though I certainly don't mind receiving easy assignments like that. I have a pretty big paper coming up in two weeks though and a 40% of my grade midterm as well, so the next two weeks are definitely going to be spent doing some work. Hopefully not too much though.

The theme for the past week and a half has been "slow down." For a while I was doing too much and it was totally catching up to me. This week has also marked a renewal of culture shock and missing home. So I've spent more time at home, have been getting to bed earlier (for the most part) and have been telling myself that I don't have to be doing things all the time. I've been hanging out a lot with the guy in my philosophy class that I mentioned on the last post. He's invited me along to a lot of things with his friends and I also went to church with him this past Sunday. He's a really nice guy and he's kinda taken me under his wing. He told me he's just going to keep inviting me to stuff but I should feel free to say no. He wants to make sure I'm okay and having a good time while I'm here in Australia. I appreciate all he's doing so much; he's been a huge blessing.

I don't think anything else is really going on. I've just been going to class (mostly) and doing homework and hanging out. Two more weeks of class until the break and I go to Tassie! I can't believe school's almost half over, but then again that has a nice ring to it doesn't it. That's all for now.

No comments: