Monday, September 06, 2004

It almost snowed in Sydney yesterday. Really, I promise. Actually we just had the most amazing hail I've ever witnessed in my life. At my apartment we had about cm sized hail pouring for 15 minutes easily. The ground was completely covered and the power at the intersection by my place went out and cars were sliding all over. It was pretty nuts. But you know the cool thing was it actually put me in the best mood. I was emotional this weekend. Very emotional. It could definitely be classified as an emotional breakdown, possibly even multiple. But when that hail started yesterday it seriously put me in the best mood. It was really weird. Definitely God's grace to me at that moment. I think there's just something about childlike wonder...the fact that I was staring out the window for 20 minutes just watching lightning and hail and all the craziness. It was awesome. Aussies really like to call everything awesome I've noticed.

Yesteray I had this great Chinese dinner with one of my friends and his family and a few other friends. It was actually a potentially very awkward situation but it ended up being such a good time and such a great finish to my otherwise crap weekend. How bad is this, I ate almost an entire like 300 gram Cadbury chocolate bar this weekend. That's like binging man. That's how emotional I was. But today's been a lot better. And it was beautiful outside today, like hot. What's up with the weather, it's seriously skitzophrenic.

Today during my philosophy tut my lecturer called my idea a good one then proceeded to give me a list of books I could use for a paper on the topic. It was totally awesome. So I'm ditching another tut right now (for the third week in a row) and getting those sources at the library. And blogging. Yeah, I was really set to go to this tut today but I just couldn't do it in the end. Next week though. Really, I promise. No, I don't promise. I am such a slacker here...well at least a slacker for me. I've never ditched so much in my life, or not done so much reading. But seriously, none of this stuff is necessary. Or at least I hope not. Maybe I'll be kicking myself at the end of the term, but somehow I don't think so. Anyway I'm certainly over my 20 minute limit on this computer but no one keeps track so it doesn't really matter. One last word though, thanks God for hail storms and Chinese food with new friends and their family.

No comments: