Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I'm at the same sandwich shoppe, different seat, and a different attitude than last time I sat here. Things are going well. Classes started this week, and it's hard to believe that it's only Wednesday and I've only gone to class for two days. Each day is so long. Not in a painful way, just in a very drawn out way. I suppose as things get busier though it won't be like that so much.

Thus far my classes here are very similar to how they are at home. The grading however, is pretty different. I like some aspects of it, and dislike others. I definitely like the fact that my history lectures are online and I don't really need to go to that class. I also like the fact that all I have to do is write one paper and take a final. I'm trying to plan and be on top of those kind of things now so I'm not overwhelmed at the middle and end of the term. Seems like all my papers are due the same day, it's pretty lame. I don't think things are going to be very hard though which is a relief.

Last night I saw Spider Man 2 with some friends from my apartment complex. It was pretty good, excellent from an artistic standpoint. In general I'm not a fan of the Spider Man story just because everything's so jaded and his life is always destined to be miserable. Drives me nuts. Anyway, it was good to be out of the house for a bit and with people. It's been hard adjusting to being alone. At home I have my family and at school I'm living with friends so there's always someone around if I need them. Not so when you're living with strangers. I'm sure I'll get used to it though, and alone time is never a bad thing.

I had a really refreshing this weekend. I spent Sunday out at Leah's and it was just a really really good day. Saturday night I took the ferry out to her house and she had The Sound of Music on when I got there. I love that movie, it's my favorite. Sunday we both spent some time with God in the morning which was amazingly good. One of the best times of prayer I've had in quite a while. We went out to lunch with a friend from Leah's church and I got to meet three of her four kids. They were totally hilarious and a lot of fun. I had my first drink since I've been here. Pretty weak and sipped it for two hours. Better to be safe than sorry when a person has ZERO tolerance. We spent the afternoon at Al's, watched Calendar Girls (funny movie) and went to church that night. Church was really good as well, and God used that time to reiterate what He had already spoke to me that morning. I came back to Uni on Monday feeling a lot more peace and a lot more strength.

Today and tomorrow I just have one lecture and it's not until 5pm. My schedule here is definitely very different than it is at home. Ali's coming out tonight and I'm stoked to see her again and hang out. I think that's all I have going right now. Hopefully I'll get some pictures out soon.

No comments: