Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Sydney's weather is really confused right now. It looks like a miserable cold day, but then you step outside and it's like 26 degrees, which is nearly 80f. It's very odd. So I've had a pretty non-eventful last couple of days. I've been trying to organize things again since I've been back from Tassie. I went out to Manly beach a couple of days ago and did a little reading and work. Despite today's weather, it's definitely warming up here and I'm stoked for that. More trips out to the beach for me!

So Saturday morning I was hanging around getting some laundry done and cleaning up and someone buzzes my apartment. It was only like 9:30 or 10 so I was wondering who the heck would be coming by. Turned out it was Jehovah's Witness. So we talked for a couple minutes through the intercom then she ended up coming in and we had this almost hour long discussion. It was really interesting to see where we agreed and where we disagreed and it was also really challenging. I must admit I really admire the Jehovah's Witnesses for how well they know the word of God (though they misinterpret it) and how diligent they are to share their faith. So we ended up talking a bit about the trinity towards the end of our conversation because that's the main place where Jehovah's Witnesses differ from Christianity. It was somewhat frustrating how she could pull out scriptures to prove her point but I didn't know the ones to give in response to her just off the top of my head. I guess that's what happens when you're used to evangelizing and getting into discussions with Christians a lot. She gave me this pamphlet about the trinity and where the doctrine came from and basically why you shouldn't believe it. I haven't looked at it tons but what I have seen is pretty much a bunch of bull ha. I have been looking at Scriptures that do talk about the relationship between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and talk about the deity of Christ. The deity of Christ is definitely vital. JW are missing a huge part there unfortunately.

I came up with a new chord progression the other night that I really like. It's nothing complicated but I really like the sound of it and the melody I came up with. I'm really pressing to try to write some words as I have a sense of urgency about this song. I feel like I have something important to say, but I'm not quite sure how to say it yet. I'm excited for it though. Hopefully something will come soon.

So that's all really, nothing too exciting going on here. I've felt a bit under the weather the last couple days so I've pretty much been confined to my apartment. I'm feeling better today though so hopefully I'll be up to something today. Sorry for no Tassie stories. Don't know if I'll get to those or not, it's just too hard to find consistent internet time.

No comments: