Saturday, October 02, 2004

Now I feel like I must offer explanation as to what my non-serious song is about. The weather in Sydney has been a bit odd lately. Sunday it was gorgeous; I spent the day at the beach. Monday was absolutely weird with near rain but hot weather. Yesterday it poured all day, but Wednesday it didn't rain at all. BUT, it looked like it was about to rain any second the whole day. So, trying to be smart, I took my umbrella with me whenever I went out on Wednesday. I went to the library at Uni for a bit to do a little research, and it's common practice to leave your umbrellas at the entry of the library. There's also a sign posted that says in essence, "We aren't responsible if your umbrella gets stolen." Since it wasn't raining and since there were few people in the library as it's holidays at the moment, my umbrella was the only one at the entry. As I set it down I had this thought that it might not be there when I get back. But I decided I couldn't be bothered to carry it around with me everywhere.

Well, when I had finished what I was doing my worst fears had come true...my umbrella was gone! Luckily it wasn't raining so at least I didn't have to get soaked walking home. But really, who steals an umbrella from outside the library when it's not even raining?! It's not like there was any force of desperation driving them to lift my umbrella. Weird people. So now I have no umbrella, not to mention this was probably the coolest umbrella I've ever had. It was lime green. If I ever see anyone at with it at Uni I'm going to beat them up. So my "serious song" is actually about an umbrella. But not everyone has to know that.

No comments: