Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I was thinking last night about how I've done such a crap job keeping this thing up to date while I've been in Australia. I had really good intentions when I left of having this be a document of my time here. So much for that. Honestly it's all a matter of accessability. I don't have easy access to the internet here, which really doesn't cater to the spur-of-the-momentness that a blog often requires. Instead I feel like I'm just catching up every time I post here, which is essentially annoying. So I don't do it. Sorry to those of you who mostly rely on this to keep up with what I'm doing.

So, here is a bit of catch-up. My five days-ish up the coast of Queensland were great. I got to see and learn about Aussie wildlife, see tropical rainforest, eat ice cream made from fruits I'd never heard of, and best of all see the Great Barrier Reef (and Nemo!). The highlight of the trip was most certainly the reef. I got to see it twice; the first time off the coast of Cape Tribulation and the second time off the coast of Cairns from an island called Franklin Island. I had the most fantastic time snorkeling. I realized that was actually my first time in the Australian ocean. It's been too cold in Sydney to hit the water at the beach. I really like swimming in the ocean. I have really huge sand issues. I like to be clean, and I hate having stuff between my toes. But Australia and its beach culture are teaching me that it's okay to feel dirty for a while. The sand eventually will come off, and I will be clean again. It's becoming less of a crisis each time.

I'm sure you really wanted to hear about how I'm obsessive compulsive.

Now that I'm back it's been all study study study for exams. I had my first one yesterday and have my second one tomorrow. Yesterday was fine, quite easy really. Tomorrow's the really big one, and probably my hardest. I've been studying since I got back though, so I'm feeling okay about it. And I have all afternoon and evening today to devote to it. I would definitely appreciate prayers for God's favor though - there are certain essay questions I'd definitely prefer over others and it would certainly be God's grace to see those questions on my test.

Here's a random moment that I actually made a mental note to remember. My favorite part of this week was seeing my roommate from Hong Kong stir her pasta sauce concoction with chopsticks. Italian meets Asian. I love it. I want to eat with chopsticks. It's something I've learned here, and it makes eating very fun. It's sort of like a game, and it makes me eat more slowly.

Tomorrow will be great rejoicing that my essay test is over, and hopefully a trip into the city to The Basement. Friday, yet another trip into the city to meet with a guy about a music dist. website, dinner with Leah (hooray) and wrapping up the night at Hills. Oh, and somewhere in there will be yet another chat with my Jehovah's Witness pal Rosie. I like her a lot. She makes me think about what I believe. Unfortunately she's quite deceived. Wow I just made a little rhyme. I hope one day she comes to know Jesus for who he really is. And with that, I'm off to start studying once again.

No comments: