Monday, November 29, 2004

Well I'm just killing some time at the library before my LAST exam in Australia! In a few hours time I will finally be free of my studies here and can goof off to my heart's content! I had a somewhat social weekend which was nice after such a grueling week of studying. I had some great Thai food with Leah (though thanksgiving dinner would have been better I have to admit), played at a youth group with Tim and Steve, spent a great afternoon in Avalon for a Christmas light extravaganza, and made it to Hills last night for church. Intermix that with a little bit of studying and it was a pretty rocking weekend.

One momentus occasion for this weekend . . . I tried the Australian phenomenon which is Pavlova for the first time. Let me tell you about pav. It's like pure sugar in squishy form. Sort of like angel food cake, except squishy and basically no flour. It's sugar. Seriously. And I don't get it, because Aussies will always say that American cakes/lollies/etc. are too sweet but yet they eat this pure sugar-cake thing. Talk about a double standard. I - the American - couldn't even finish my slice. Give me a fat slice of rich chocolate cake any day my friend.

Lastly, pictures are up from Cairns. http://pictureoz.blogspot.com

No comments: