Friday, November 12, 2004

Tomorrow I'm off for Australian traveling adventure number 2. I'll be heading up the coast of Queensland to see beautiful rainforrest and the Great Barrier Reef. My friend told me today not to walk a dog while I'm there because it will attract crocs. I told her I'm not bringing a dog. She said that I should walk with anyone that does have a dog. That's really good advice. She is the smartest person I know. Must have something to do with grad school.

So I'll be gone until Thursday, which I'm now realizing is going to put a bit of strain on my studying for exams. Oh well, you only live once, and you only go to Australia once...or something. Even though I've been here twice.

Yesterday I went to Hillsong Women and the woman who spoke was Canadian. I totally called it once she said "aboat." She talked about thanksgiving and said her family celebrated it. I wanted to ask her if I could come to her house. I'm so sad I'm missing thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite days of the year. For sure my favorite meal of the year. But my Mom told me today that we'll have turkey on Christmas for sure so that makes me feel a little better. Oh Thanksgiving, how I long for you.

Finished my last assignment today and all I have left is exams. A couple of killer exams. I'm going to be studying my head off when I get back. I got a pretty crap grade on an assignment in one of my classes, which means I'm going to have to kick butt on the exam to pull out an okay grade. Don't you just love that kind of pressure. But I'm glad that my value doesn't rely on my performance. God loves me just the same. I have been telling myself that all week. It's been really good. And with that, I'm off to do some more errands and pack and make banana bread. Yes, make banana bread. I'll take it with me and it will be my breakfast each morning. How's that for a money saver.

No comments: