Friday, November 05, 2004

You know you've been in Australia too long when you start having dreams about cricket. I did. I know. How bad is that. But, in my defense the cricket was really nothing like cricket. In my dream it was an "alternate version" and it was basically baseball with a cricket bat and a baller. So I adapted the dream to my own tastes. But seriously, how weird is that?

It's been a long week, but a good one. I had a fantastic birthday last weekend. It was such a rich day filled with so many great things; I couldn't have asked for more. I had a mini celebration on Sunday night as well with a couple of other friends. Then on Monday my family's package arrived. I have never been so excited to see taco sauce, or reeces peanut butter cups, or jam. It's been fun to give peanut butter cups to people from other countries and see their reactions, because it's a very strong candy. Tuesday was Melbourne Cup Day, which was a great Aussie cultural experience. It's basically like the Kentucky Derby except everyone takes time off work to watch it and it's a bigger deal. Only in Australia would there be a day where everyone takes the afternoon off to spend in the pub/hotel. Well, not only in Australia, but certainly not in America. The last two days have been somewhat boring, filled with uni work and running errands. It was hilarious to see US election coverage in Australia. NBC took over one of the networks here basically and we had continuous live coverage for like 5-6 hours.

Today is a day I've greatly looked forward to though. Tonight Leah and I once again head off to the Opera House and get to see/hear the Mozart Requiem. So much excitement. And we're having a little Mexican Food party (or should I say fiesta) before we head off. Happy day.

Last night (this morning) I got up at 1:15am to register for my classes at home. It was not very fun, I wanted to be sleeping. But I got up anyway and tried to register. Yes, tried. It didn't work. I've ended up having to play email tag with someone at registration this whole morning and now I'm finally enrolled - all done by the reg office, nothing by me. I hope at some point I regain access to my account. What a pain. But at least I have all my classes, so everything worked out okay. I'll be so glad when I never have to register for classes again.

Today has already been deemed a lazy day because I have my lazy, comfy black pants on. Plus I got up at 10 because I was so tired from my failed registration ordeal. And it's raining outside, which just makes me feel lazy. It's not too bad though, it's a lovely spring rain so it's not cold at all. I hope it lets up tonight though, I don't want to be walking around the city in the rain.

No comments: