Sunday, August 04, 2002

Here comes my first attempt here to rid myself some emotion. I can't really put a finger on how I feel. It's some odd combination of confusion and frustration and hurt and anger. My parents really made me angry tonight. I know it was mostly out of ignorance and that they're just trying to look out for me, but I felt so belittled. Ok, so I am the child so maybe I should be little, but haven't I shown them that I'm capable of making good decisions?

I feel like they've torn down my values. I know in reality they haven't and that they support me, but in this instance I feel like my ideals are so different from theirs. Why can't they try to understand how I feel in this situation? Do they realize they don't know all the details, and that I possibly couldn't explain everything in a matter of two minutes? Can't they just seek to understand and test things as I have. I'm not making blind value judgements, that would be foolish. For the most part I don't follow any nonsensical whim, I do what I feel led to do, after testing and thinking. Praying should be added to that list, but I probably don't do it often enough for it to be included. These are resonable, virtuous decisions though. I think they might see my good intentions, but they don't understand my conclusion. It seems they don't want to, and it's really frustrating to me.

I can't even imagine growing up in a household with little or no parental support. Tonight my parents don't support one decision of mine, and it's sent me into a frenzy. How could I ever cope if they didn't support anything I've done with my life? I should be grateful for that, and I am. Right now I'm just angry and need to blow off some steam.

Help the needy. Isn't that a Biblical concept? Yes Paul says everyone must work for their food, but not those who unable able. Aren't we to help the sick and the poor? It was Jewish law to leave the edges of your feild unharvested for the poor. They didn't grow that food, it was a gift to them because they were in need. They were allowed to be helped, why can't I do the same?

No comments: