Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I just heard the most incredible jazz duet ever. Actually, the most incredible musicians ever. I can't even describe the guitarwork I saw, or the awesome technique and beauty of the voice I just heard. When I got back to my place tonight after the concert I started to realize something. I was reading one of my assigned books for school that's about worship. It's been talking a lot about how worship starts with wonderment. Wonderment, faith, doubt, and realizing that you can't explain everything has been a huge theme for me this month. It seems like it doesn't matter what class I'm in, those subjects get addressed.

So I realized as much as I was completely amazed by this concert, as much as I was captivated, confused, and in awe of this guitar player he's human and it's a guitar. I'm a guitarist and I had little comprehension of what this guy was doing. How much more mystery is there to God? So why don't I leave a worship service totally floored by His mystery like I did from this concert? Why don't I want to shout because there's nothing I can do to express the feeling I feel after witnessing something so incredible. Why don't I just stop and think and reflect on how completely amazing God is? We're such intellectuals. We try to explain God away but really He cannot be explained. Why do we hate saying that? We hate to admit we don't know, we hate to admit we have doubts, we hate to admit we don't understand.

Well, here I am to say God is just plain freaky. And it makes me want to praise Him all the more. It makes me want to trust him all the more. It makes me want to love him all the more. Lord, be all and end all with me. Help me live every moment in wonder.

No comments: